Skateboarding as a sport has gained immense popularity over the years. It is no longer a sport just for kids. Skateboards for adults are available these days. There are various tournaments which have high age limits. That is why, if you like skateboarding, it is time to move beyond age. When you’re looking for a skateboard for adults, you will realize that there are quite a few options available. It is due to the high demand for skateboards among adults.
If you plan on buying a skateboard to fulfill your passion, you will not be disappointed. The only bit of problem which you will face is that there are numerous options available while searching for a skateboard for adults. It is vital to know the factors which you should consider while choosing one. We will today help you solve this problem.
Things to consider while buying Skateboard for adults:
If you’re looking into every technical parameter of the skateboard, it can be a confounding task to choose the right one. You have to only compare them on a select few metrics which matter. These parameters are:
- Size of the skateboard: If you’re taller than 5’3” or taller, you should buy a skateboard which is 7.5 inches or larger. You should factor in your shoe size while buying the skateboard for adults. Once you do that, it is easier for you to choose the right skateboard. It should accommodate your feet comfortably. Only when that is the case, you can go ahead and buy the right skateboard for adults.
- Wheels of the skateboard: When comparing the wheels of the skateboard, a lot will be dependent on the place where you usually practice. If you’re practicing on the street, the wheels which you will need will be smaller. If you practice in the parks, the wheels need to be larger and more responsive. If you plan on practicing on the street, you can opt for the wheels anywhere between 49 MM to 52 MM. Similarly, if you plan on practicing on the tracks, you can go for the wheel size 54 MM to 60 MM. The size of the wheel is directly proportional to the speed through the air.
- Shape: Many people who have not used skateboard before think that there is no variation in the form of the skateboard. It is not true. There are a few shape options available. If you’re buying the conventional board, it will allow you to practice the flat ground tricks. When purchasing the concave deck, it will let you flip the board quickly. The preference always depends on the skateboard. Depending on the skills which you need to practice, you can choose the board.
- Assembly: When you’re comparing most of the adult skateboards, you will realize that they come in the pre-assembled form. However, there are a few options which require manual assembly as well. The problem with assembling is that you have to make sure that every small part is attached correctly. A single weak link in the skateboard can impact your performance and even cause an injury. If you want to go with the easy-to-use and safe option, you should always choose the preassembled skateboards. They are of high quality and ensure that you don’t need to deal with assembling every small part.
When comparing the skateboards for adults, it is important to compare them on these five factors. It will allow you to shortlist the right option. Now that you are aware of the factors to consider let us look at the top 10 best skateboards for adults which you can purchase.
Here are the top 10 best skateboards for adults in 2019
10. PUENTE 31 inch Complete Skateboards
The skateboard which we are speaking about now is available in 5 different designs. It consists of Maplewood which ensures that it is highly durable. With the help of proper grip on the deck, you can use it for various moves through the air. It has superior shock absorption which allows you to use it without any issues. The abrasion resistance minimizes the wear and tear. It consists of the 5-inch magnalium truck. It can support up to 398 lbs which is an added advantage. The concave design makes it easier for you to flip the board. All of these features make it a great choice.
9. RipStik Ripster Caster Board
The skateboard for adults which we are discussing now comes in 2 different colors. It consists of high-tech polymer material. It consists of a removable deck plate which is unique. The concave design means that you can flip it quite quickly. It is slip resistant and provides high grip. When you look at the material of the wheels, it consists of urethane materials. With the help of a rubber padded bar, you can be sure that there is no pushing. Hence, when you’re looking for a board which can perform tricks and which is easy to use, you can certainly consider this option.
8. ENKEEO 22 Inch Cruiser Skateboard
The 22 inches skateboard which we are discussing now can support up to 220 lbs. It is perfect for adults. You can choose between 6 different design options. It is entirely preassembled. You can use it right out of the box. It is 6 inches wide. The sturdy deck allows you to use it for various tricks. It consists of a polypropylene material which not only provides it with strength but also bendability. It is highly stable which means that you can learn the tricks quite easily. With the help of casters, you can move around the board as per your requirement. They are heavy duty and can last for an extended period. Thus, when you’re looking for a conventional board, you can consider this option.
7. MINORITY 32inch Maple Skateboard
With eight different design options, you can quickly pick the skateboard which you like the most. It consists of a maple deck which is an added advantage. The hard rock maple provides it with high strength. It can support 220 lbs. The width is 8 inches which is more than enough for the adults. The concave shape makes it perfect for flipping. You can perform various tricks using the skateboard. The truck is of 5 inches. The 52 MM wheels make it ideal for adults. The precision bearings ensure that the wear and tear is minimum. With the help of smooth edged corners, you can move it around without any issue. The graphics are aesthetically pleasing which is an added advantage. These features make it a great choice when you’re looking for a skateboard for adults.
6. Merkapa 22″ Complete Skateboard
The design options available are 7. The unique feature of this skateboard is that it consists of LED light wheels. The electricity is generated using rotary power. It is 22 inches long which is adequate for most adults. The width is 6 inches. It consists of PP plastic skateboard which can handle a significant amount of weight. The 45 MM wheels are suitable for most of the tracks. It has high abrasion resistance which reduces the wear and tear. At the same point in time, the super shock absorption allows you to perform tricks. It can support 180 lbs which is suitable for most of the adults. The unique feature of this skateboard that is the LED light wheels make it a great choice.
5. Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard
The next option on our list is available in a single design. However, the flying Dragon design makes it aesthetically pleasing. It is perfect for beginners and advanced riders. The higher rebound helps you to perform various tricks. The wheels consist of polyurethane material which provides you with proper grip as well as rolling capability. The width is 7.625 inches. The length is 31.625 inches. The concave shape allows you to flip it quite quickly. Thus, most of the features which you might look for in a skateboard for an adult are present in this one.
4. Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard
With six different design options, you can easily find the one which you like the most. It comprises of Canadian Maple. The advantage of Canadian Maple is that it is highly durable. It can handle a significant amount of weight as well. The 52 MM urethane wheels ensure that you get a proper grip without any problem. The length of the board is 31 inches and the weight the 7.5 inches. When you combine all of these features with the aesthetically pleasing design of the Skateboards, you can easily understand why it is so popular.
3. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete, Shadow Blue
If you’re looking for a large number of options when it comes to choosing the skateboard, the one which we are discussing now has 13 different design options available. The maple deck makes sure that the wear and tear is minimal. The 52 MM wheels make it perfect for adults. The heavy-duty bearings ensure that you don’t need to worry about replacing them anytime soon. The truck uses an aluminum alloy which increases the strength of the skateboard. It comes fully assembled which means that you can use it right out of the box. These features combined make it an excellent choice.
2. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
The design options available in this skateboard are 13. It comprises of Canadian Maple. Canadian Maple makes it sturdy and durable. The width of 7.75 inches makes it suitable for adults. The wheels are white and are 52 MM. The 52 MM wheels provide you with a proper grip. The aluminum trucks make sure that you don’t need to worry about the wear and tear at all. The skateboards are preassembled which allows you to use it right away. The advantage of this skateboard is that it is suitable for skate parks as well as for street skateboarding. You have to avoid the big cracks, and you are good to go. Thus, when you’re looking for a versatile skateboard, you can consider this option.
1. RIMABLE Complete Skateboard
With that, we have reached the top of our list. The advantage of RIMABLE skateboards which we are discussing now is that they are available in 31 different design options. With many different design options, you can surely find a few which you like the most. There is a wide variety of colors which allows you to pick the one which you prefer. The length of the skateboards is 22 inches, and the width is 6 inches. The white deck enables you to get a proper grip without any problem. It helps you in performing a lot of different tricks as well. Moreover, with the help of 3-inch thick aluminum trucks, you can be sure that it will last for a long time. The wheels comprise of PU material which makes them highly durable. The high-speed bearings will match pace with your tracks. It can support up to 198 lbs which makes it perfect for adults. It does not matter whether you practice on the street or in the parks, you can quickly get a proper grip and to learn the moves. You can practice barefoot or along with shoes. It provides you with a proper grip in both of the cases. The versatility of the skateboards is what makes them such a good option.
Thus, when looking for a skateboard for adults, rather than choosing any variant, go through our top 10 best options above. Once you do so, you can easily find the best skateboards on offer. It is time to forget the age factor and enjoy your passion for skateboarding. We have made the task to choose the skateboard easy for you by compiling the list of the best skateboards available for adults.